Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 14. Song That Makes You Wish You Were A Rock Star

When I was in single digits year wise. All of my first musical memories revolved around the Beatles. Specifically two albums, Help! and A Hard Day's Night. Those two albums were practically my nursery rhymes.

I remember being captivated by all of them. I remember watching music videos of them that my dad recorded on VHS and I was just hooked.

I fancied myself a drummer when I was a young chum, so I connected most with Ringo the most. I remember watching the movie Help! and realizing that he had this huge ring. So I had to go to the party store next door to me and by red ring pops, because they resembled that ring Ringo wore in the movie.

I always used to get my hair cut like them, I used to dress like them, I used to think I was them.

I even remember singing a Beatles song karaoke style at a bar in Frankenmuth when I was like 8. I was hardcore man.

That is why whenever I think of a song that makes me wish I was a rock star, I think back to my favorite Beatles song of my younger days. A song that I have sung and is documented on family film with a plastic guitar. A song that made me truly wish I was a rock star.

Sing along if you know it....

"It's been a Hard Day's Night..."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD4TAgdS_Xw

Everything about this song is perfect to a six-year-olds ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment