Saturday, April 16, 2011

Music I Am Diggin'

You know, I think I am going to make this a weekly thing. Every Sunday I shall post 10-15 songs and or albums that I have been listening to in heavy rotation. And like last week I shall post one cheese-tastic '80s video that I have come across in the past seven days.

So here is the list for this week.


  1. R.E.M- Not necessarily just one album of theirs. But pretty much everything they have done. If you have heard their new album, go out of your way to listen to it.
  2. Sheryl Crow- Tuesday Night Music Club- No, I am not kidding. This is a really good '90s pop album. And you can make fun of me for saying that. But when you are driving and "All I Wanna Do" comes on you know you are singing that chorus.
  3. The Zombies- Odessey and Oracle- Kind of only known for only having "Time of the Season" on it. Which is kind of a shame, because this whole album is just groovy.
  4. The Strokes- Under The Cover of Darkness- To be honest, I am not huge fan of their new album. But this song is just good old Strokes at their finest.
  5. The Red Hook Gamblers- The are an underground Big Band... band. That alone should make you love them or at least look them up.
  6. The Polka Floyd Show- Live!!! At The Ohio Theatre- It is Polka. It is Pink Floyd. It is the greatest thing you will ever here in your lifetime. And the lead singer in a Pirate. Which on paper seems odd, but when you look at the grand scheme of things it makes sense. You just can not make these types of things up. Just let the youtube link speak for itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvrIZelXG0&feature=related
  7. Passion Pit- Manners- To re-hatch a former facebook status I posted, "Passion Pit is the bee's knees. That Is All Carry On."
  8. Foo Fighters- Wasting Light- I have had this album for 8 days. I have already listened to it (in its entirety) 14 times. And I have listened to "Bridge Burning" 22 times. Yeah.
  9. The Cool Devices- EP- They are the offspring of a romantic relationship between R.E.M. and the Hives.
  10. Bad Brains- Bad Brains- Spun this on vinyl on Monday. My word. My Word.
  11. Iggy and The Stooges- I am a firm believer that if you do not listen to at least one Stooges song per week, then that week did not exist.
  12. Black Flag- Damaged- Right after I listen to Bad Brains I automatically have to listened to Henry Rollins just scream at me. Weird? Possibly. Greatest thing to happen since sliced bread? Well yeah.
  13. Half Japanese- Put Some Sugar On It- Every time I listen to them I do not want the songs to end.
  14. Polaris- Music From The Adventures Of Pete & Pete- Okay, this has to be considered one of the best albums of the 1990's. I am serious as a heart attack. This album is so flib flabbing good. "Hey Sandy" is more 1990's than the Chicago Bulls. Yeah I went there.
  15. Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind- Another ridiculously under rated and under appreciated album. Shame on people for not liking this album more.
And now for the cheesy '80s video..... Drum roll..............
Journey- Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) aka: SOO '80s.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment