Friday, June 10, 2011

21. Song that gives you goosebumps every time you hear it

I usually build the suspense with my "reveal" but this one was the biggest no-brainer out of all of these.

When I think about A Day In The Life, I get goosebumps. I do not even have to hear the song. But when John starts singing, "I read the news today..." Instant goosebumps. Simple as that.

This is one of those rare songs, where every thing about it is just perfect. There is no flawed part about it. The orchestra, Paul's bit, everything is just perfect.

I can not tell you how many times I have listened to this song, it is in my top three favorite songs of all time and is one of the most well written songs ever. And need I mention how underrated Ringo's drumming is in this song? Sure, it is a simple bit he does, nothing spectacular, yet to me his drumming completes this song.

And do not even get me started on when John screams, (rough translation) "Ahhhhhhh ahhhh ah ah ah ahhhh". Before the last verse and after Paul's verse. You can be anywhere in the world, but when you close your eyes at that part it feels as if you are having a religious experience.

It is for those reasons and many more, that A Day In The Life is a song that gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

It always has and it always will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xljFT44Y1Y

No comments:

Post a Comment