Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dale Earnhardt

Now there is nothing to special here just a quick little thing I experienced on my way to CC.

I was riding my bike and I met a squirrel, we had a pretty intense stare down. And in that stare down, I am pretty sure he scanned me like a memo and told me things about myself, that even I did not know.

Okay, now I am just starting to sound like Janitor from Scrubs.

What basically happened was, I was riding my bike. Saw a squirrel. Shouted, "squirrel!" At that point the squirrel became startled and made a b-line for Harper.

Straight up, I was about to witness a squirrel suicide.

I felt if this little guy was about to go down in a squirrel blaze of glory and go to squirrel heaven, I should at least name him.

So from the side-walk I shouted, "Dale Earnhardt!"

I think the name fit especially in the circumstances on which this guy was about to go out.

(Too soon?)

The traffic was crazy and I assumed he was a goner.

But like my old football coach always said, "When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me".

There was a little break in traffic and I did not see any marks on the road.

There was still hope.

I looked over the grass on the other side of the road and I saw some scurring, and I saw something scale a tree.

It was Mr. Earnhardt.

I did a fist pump circa the last scene of the Breakfast Club, and shouted "I love you, Dale Earnhardt!"

This is why people think I am weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment