Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Philosophical... I Guess

I was on my hammock enjoying the weather (and not playing pick-up soccer) today and I was listening to one of my favorite albums: Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society and in the process of three songs and staring at a tree swaying in the wind I thought up of four things, that could either be lyrics, poems, philosophical thoughts or rubbish.

"Sadness is happiness with dust on it. Just take it off the shelf and brush it off. And you will find happiness once again."

"Leaves are strong but their will is weak. They stand strong in the fair weather, but fall once skies are bleak."

"You wear a General's jacket to a protest. You get on your megaphone and wage a war against war. You exude lies and hypocrisy. Not peace and solution."

"I do not ink on my skin to me how I feel. I have a heart. And it is working just fine."

Maybe if my super-cool awesome friends actually wanted to play soccer I would not have the mind of a tortured 1920's novelist.

I blame my friends and that hip-hop.

But mostly my lazy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment