Sunday, June 5, 2011

Make Some Music

So here are my favorite songs, bands, albums, etc. lately. Maybe you will find something you like.


  • Fun.- Aim and Ignite: They were one the opening bands for Panic! At The Disco last night, and I was blown away by them. This band is incredibly infectious. You just start to tap your foot and dance. My favorite song on the album is probably At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be) or All The Pretty Girls. Both are perfect Summer songs.
  • The Killers- Sam's Town/Both of their Live At Abbey Road Performances: Last week I was in a huge Killers kick. I forgot how good Sam's Town was and I re-watched both of their Abbey Road performances. Go out of your way and Youtube them. It is seriously pure bliss.
  • The Naked And Famous- Passive Me, Aggressive You: I have said this damn near five times, but this band is the offspring of a one night stand between MGMT and Passion Pit.
  • Pete Townshend- Empty Glass: Not a bad solo record at all. It has some really good songs top to bottom and is probably known best for having Let My Love Open The Door.
  • R.E.M.- Out Of Time: I think that this is one of R.E.M.'s quintessential albums. This and Automatic For The People. Those two albums make you love this band.
  • Isaac Graham- Empty Wheels: Just do yourself a favor and download this album. This album is amazing. He sounds like Old Crow Medicine Show and a dabble of Mumford and Sons. When I listened to this album for the first time my jaw was on the floor for the whole album.
  • The Beatles- Please Please Me: It is fun listening to old Beatles records and realizing how frickening brilliant they were. Not one single album is a dud. This album is a perfect example of good old fashioned meat and potatoes Beatles. That scream from Paul on I Saw Her Standing There... Yup.
  • AC/DC- Back In Black: Call me Shirley, but I had an epiphany today in regards as to how great this album is. And this was a "comeback" record so to speak. This record melts your face.
  • The Adolescents- The Adolescents: They played Amoeba as filler music when the the road crew was setting up for the bands and I was so excited. I am a nerd. When I got home I listened to this album start to finish.
  • Descendents- Milo Goes To College: When I listen to punk albums, it is like I am eating Lays potato chips, because I can not just listen to one album. So right after I listened to The Adolescents I played this record. It was just awesome, there is no better way to explain it.
  • Dinosaur Jr.- You're Living All Over Me: I can finally say I got into this band. And I love them. This the kind of record that when you listen to it, it feels like you are finding out a new part of yourself that you would have never known about.
  • Elton John- Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player: Like Elton John ever made a bad album. I mean come on. He is fricken Elton John. Excuse me, Sir Elton John.
  • Parliament- Mothership Connection: Please tell me someone is willing to go with me Friday to see this band. PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
  • The Smiths- The Smiths: I was in a little bit a of 80s alternative mood earlier this week and if you are in a 80s alternative kick you need the Smiths and you need....
  • The Cure- Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me: I do not think I will ever figure out how Just Like Heaven can be so simple, yet so beautiful. I would actually say it is my personal top ten. Man, alternative and pop music used to be so good.
And as for the '80s video of the week: Tears For Fears- Everbody Wants To Rule The World

"If you have a cut scene of your lead singer on beach singing in the sunset... You might be a 1980s music video."

No comments:

Post a Comment